Monday, January 11, 2010

Eunice Johnson - The Ultimate Lady of Fashion




Eunice Johnson, Icon, Entrepreneur, First Lady of Fashion, Mother and Co-Brainchild of Ebony Magazine gave so much.

Thank you, Mrs. Johnson, for all that you have done for Black folks. You encouraged us to hold our head high, walk upright and demand to be counted.

I am not certain many understand the power of Mrs. Johnson.

As a young woman in high school, my first experience at a fashion show, was attending the Ebony Fashion Show. It was yummy! I was floored to see so many beautiful Black folk on the catwalk, with sass, passion and pride.

It was at that moment, I wanted to be a fashion model for Ebony. I immediately fired off a letter to Mrs. Johnson, she promptly responded with class and ease saying, " I was too short at 5'2" to be a model; however, she encouraged me to visit the Johnson Building when in Chicago and to pursue my academics."

That was a life changing moment and I will always be indebted to Mrs. Eunice Johnson for taking the time to respond and make me feel counted as a teenager.

Did you ever have the pleasure of attending an Ebony Fashion Show? Would love to know your experience.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Want Caviar But Have Money for Chitlins

    You Want Caviar But Have Money for Chitlins
    A Smart Pr Guide for Those on a Budget

    PR Tips To Win Motivational CD

    PR Tips To Win Motivational CD
    Your Essential PR Tool Kit - 60 Minutes

    "Priceless PR"

    "Priceless PR"
    Article featuring Karen Taylor Bass in Black Enterprise, August 2008