Friday, August 29, 2008

Smell, Taste & Feel ... A New Day

I don't know how to say what I really feel. All week I have been glued to the television and experiencing the magic of the DNC. As an immigrant, entrepreneur, mother, wife, there are so so many things that resonated with the past week and lets not forget the historical nature of a Black man accepting the nomination from a major political party. Can't say enough about Barack's speech last night ... surreal

So many people including my grandmother lived to see this spectacular moment.

I know that America is ready for CHANGE. Pres. Gore said it best ... "I'm all about recycling but this takes the cake ... another four years of the same."

I have witnessed firsthand how my business has suffered from many of the small biz rules enforced by Jr. Bush; the entertainment industry, specifically music, has taken a major nose dive and stocks and investments that were once safe are questionable. Health care, please. At TMM, our monthly small biz health premium for PPO is almost a mortgage which is ridiculous. So, what am I saying? Well, this current administration has jacked up the economy and really made it challenging for everyday people to WIN. No more.

Yes, I know the road won't be easy, however, the core fundamental values on education, health care, tax cuts, foreign policy, care for our veterans, same sex marriage, pro-choice cannot go into the wrong hands. Also, whomever wins the presidential race will nominate 3 to the office of Supreme Court.

Please get involved in the political process. Let's smell, taste, feel and live a new day for the next generation.

ps: I won't even comment on McCain's selection for VP... I don't know enough about Sarah Palin. Will say it is a reaction to the DNC and the magic of change that is in the air.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Want Caviar But Have Money for Chitlins

    You Want Caviar But Have Money for Chitlins
    A Smart Pr Guide for Those on a Budget

    PR Tips To Win Motivational CD

    PR Tips To Win Motivational CD
    Your Essential PR Tool Kit - 60 Minutes

    "Priceless PR"

    "Priceless PR"
    Article featuring Karen Taylor Bass in Black Enterprise, August 2008