Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Friday! Fasting, Blogging and Watching CNN

Happy Friday!
It's raining, the wind is blowing and my kids are asleep. It's P-A-R-T-Y T-I-M-E!!!!
Time to regroup, take a bath, light a candle, right my blog and have face time with my hubby. Somehow balance keeps eluding me.

So, I have been fasting for the past 2 days and I have 18 days to go. I decided to fast to usher in the fall, have clarity, rid toxins from my body, and pledge devotion to myself. What I can tell you is that I am sleeping better and drinking 80 ounces of water a day has been pure heaven. For the next several entries I will be updating you on the progress of the fast, my plans for the fall and life. Indulge me (please). Promise to resume to TMM business and PR in a few days.

Since having my daughter (now 15 months), and coordinating the social calendar of my 8 year old son coupled with marriage and biz, I have really let myself go. My wardrobe most days consists of flip flops (albeit Bruno Magli), jeans, t-shirt, and rocking my hair very short. The look is boring, typical and too suburban.

It's time for a change. So, here's the plan...

Saturday will usher in "Karen" day filled with stuff I love to do. Like what? Well, I am taking an African Dance class at Alvin Ailey in the AM, meeting my husband for a date, laughter, and slice of life.

Talk with you later.

ps: Loved the way the Ladies of The View called out John McCain on his double talk, smear tactic and lies. You betta work, Barbara, Whoppi and Joy!

Much Love.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Want Caviar But Have Money for Chitlins

    You Want Caviar But Have Money for Chitlins
    A Smart Pr Guide for Those on a Budget

    PR Tips To Win Motivational CD

    PR Tips To Win Motivational CD
    Your Essential PR Tool Kit - 60 Minutes

    "Priceless PR"

    "Priceless PR"
    Article featuring Karen Taylor Bass in Black Enterprise, August 2008